When our story lives on...Wednesday, March 29, 2017
Our lives tell a story... on some level, we all know that. And maybe on some level we also know that there will be an end to our story someday... but do we ever really acknowledge that detail?
My story crossed into Mandy Kelly's story maybe six years back. We were part of a team of bloggers writing on a small encouragement blog with a few other contributors. As blogging moms and wives we shared our hearts, or joys, or struggles with each other, and our readers. But mostly we grew as friends in a field that can be lonely.
Writing is a lonely job. Writing on an internet platform is also a lonely job. So when you come across some kindred spirits you latch on.
Mandy and I connected over adoption... as I know so many others did. But I connected with her because I am an adopted child. I wasn't adopting a child. I would share comfort from a child of an adoptive family, remind her of the journey God was taking her on... and she shared so much of her faith and patience through the process.
I was honored to share a small segment of my story on her corner a few years back. But I was even more honored to be able to call her my friend.
It is easy for us to forget that behind the words on the screens of these little blogs and websites are actual people. People who have families, hopes, dreams... People who are journeying through this life that is not indefinite.
Many of you already know, Mandy tragically died in a house fire last week with her husband and two of her kids. Two of her kids survived. The heartbreak is too big for words.
- What is Quiet Time?
- This post shares just how real Mandy was with all of her followers on life and time with God. There is no doubt that she is now sitting with Jesus at the feast.
- Redeeming Mother's Day
- Mandy was one hundred percent candid about her journey through adoption, and this post is powerful...
- A Mother's Ponderings
- The love Mandy portrayed towards her child was genuine... and she never kept it a secret where that kind of love was supplied to her
- 8 Ways to Teach Your Children Diligently
- Mandy was a beloved member of the Good Morning Girls team, and as such has some wonderfully useful posts on how to parent.... but this one shows just where her heart grew from.
|If you feel moved to help out the Kelly family, feel free to click on this image, it will direct you to their church, you can give through that site - follow the "give" link.|
Mandy, you will forever be missed here on this broken earth. Yet, your boldness to share your faith, heart, and journey will live on and with the grace of God, it will continue to bless countless more.
Maybe take a moment today, and consider how your story is being written...