Read Fold Bloom... A Photo Challenge on InstagramTuesday, March 28, 2017
I don't know about you, but I am overjoyed that spring has finally arrived.
Winter, although not a brutal as the last few years, contained some powerful hits this year. And it didn't give up until the very end. But thankfully, Spring has come, as it always does. And with it, how about a new colorful challenge for Instagram?
This month's challenge will again incorporate paper folding - we are going to focus on flowers! This is a great opportunity to stock up on some gorgeous props for the rest of spring and summer.
There will be more Questions of the Day (QOTD) as well, so for many days, you can tack this challenge on with another one, or express yourself in your bookish photos however you want!
And thanks to the wonderful imagination of Ms Natelle, we have a few new themes that we are calling Game Days! These will have a prompt similar to QOTD, but when you pick your answer, it can't mimic another person's in the comments... so you know if someone picks your favorite, search through all of us hosts to find a picture where you can claim your favorite... It'll be so fun... I cannot wait to see what you all pick for the game days...
Also, I have to say, these are not competitions, they are fun prompts, so when you want to join in, do so. If you can't do the folding, that's okay, just tag us anyway and say hi! Each photo with the month's tag will be watched by us co-hosts and might be featured in a weekly wrap up shout out! So don't feel pressure to do it all... do what you can and have fun.
I hope you will join in... just follow me on Instagram and check it out! And please follow my lovely co-hosts - they are super sweet, you will love them, I promise!
April Book Photo Challenge
- April Fool’s Day: Fold Prompt: check out this super fun "prank" card to fold… QOTD: What was the best April Fool’s Day prank you were involved in?
- International Children’s Book Day & Hans Christen Anderson’s Birthday: QOTD: What is your all-time favorite children’s book?
- April Showers: Fold Prompt: Click here for a great video tutorial on how to fold an Umbrella
- Bring Flowers… Fold Prompt: Our first flower of the month is the paper flower all over bookstagram, and I love it. Click here for the tutorial - fair warning you will want a hot glue gun and some time for this one, but it so worth it! (Oh it's called the Kusudama flower...)
- Book Spiral: Fold Prompt: Spiral Flowers these are super easy and quick to do make....
- Favorite Fantasy: Game day: Pick a fictional world to live in – read through the comments, because you cannot pick a world that has already been picked!
- No Housework Day: QOTD: What is your current read?
- Poppies… blue & purple books: Fold Prompt: The Button Poppies look adorable, they are the second flower on this site
- National Sibling Day: QOTD: Who are your favorite fictional siblings?
- National Library Day: Share your most recent read from the library
- Roses & red books: Fold prompt: How about folding a few rose buds? This link has a great video, just about halfway down the page.
- Iris & purple books: Fold prompt: The Iris tutorial video is the first one through this link here.
- International moment of Laughter Day: QOTD: What is a book that always makes you laugh?
- National Sucks Day: QOTD: Which books are on your DNF list?
- Easter: Fold Prompt: These adorable Easter bunnies can hide a few extra goodies - fold a couple!
- Blah, Blah, Blah day: QOTD: What is a book that you just cannot stop gushing over?
- Roses & White books: Fold prompt: Roses in bloom are so pretty- here is one option, but I know there are many, so feel free to pick your own
- Camellias & Beautiful Covers: Fold prompt: Camellias are the perfect spring bloom, and they are number three on this link
- Book & Candy: Game Day: Pick a favorite candy, but read through the comments, because you cannot pick a candy that someone else picked
- Tulips & Yellow Books: Fold Prompt: The tutorial for Tulips is in the middle of this list, good luck!
- Earth Day: QOTD: What is your favorite book that takes place on Earth as we know it?
- Talk like Shakespeare Day: QOTD: What is your favorite work from Shakespeare?
- Lotus flowers & green books: Fold Prompt: Here's a super pretty Lotus flower folding video
- Game Day: Pick a super power you would love to have, but read through the comments first because you cannot pick one that has already been picked.
- Lilies & Spring- favorite spring time read: Fold Prompt: We can't have spring blooms without lilies right? The origami lily video is near the top of this one.
- Game Day: Pick a fictional book bestie, but read through the comments, because you cannot pick the same characters as someone else
- #Shelfie Saturday: take a shelfie and feature the books you’ve read in April
- National Honesty Day: QOTD: What character do you admire for their honesty? And tell us honestly what you thought of all the flowers!!!
If you are looking for some extra ideas, or an easier option, or more details, feel free to stop by our pinterest board... or search for your own! There are so many great paper folding projects around, feel free to add to any of the prompts you want!
Share this on this on Twitter!
#ReadFoldBloom a Photo Challenge for #Instagram for April 2017- Join us! https://t.co/Y8X0fDC6Ys pic.twitter.com/d64xmCV5Tp— Marissa Writes (@Reading_List1) March 29, 2017
I know that the folding prompts can be intimidating, so feel free to ask me any questions you want! But I really hope I see your attempts on Instagram... I'll be trying as many as I can, too! Oh, and if we get enough questions, we will live stream tutorials on the folding prompts too, so make sure you are following all of us to get updates throughout the month.