Gilmore Girls Lettering ChallengeWednesday, October 26, 2016
Gilmore Girls Lettering Challenge
25 days of Gilmore Girls quotes to letter
You might not know this, but I have been greatly enjoying Instagram over the past four months. It is such a light-hearted social media group. And, as a result, I have taken part in a few monthly challenges... which have been a blast.
With Gilmore Girls coming up in just a few more weeks, I have been searching for a challenge to celebrate... and when I couldn't find one, I decided I would give it a go.
If you are not familiar with these challenges, they are super fun. Each day there is a quote or a line or something related to the Gilmore Girls, and you get to design it in your own writing - creative lettering, hand lettering, hand fonts, anything fun and unique to you really. Then you snap a picture of it, share it on Instagram, and use this hashtag. And if you want, you can see what everyone else is doing...
And because some of these are longer, feel free to use part of the quote instead of the whole quote... Like I said, I just want this to be fun! But I am including the full quotes below, as they did not really fit on the image.
- Lorelai & Rory Gilmore
- How many cups of coffee have you had today? None... plus five...
- Stars Hollow
- I just take a book with me everywhere. It's a habit.
- I smell snow.
- Nothing says coffee like 6:00 in the morning.
- Oy with the poodles already!
- We're almost there and nowhere near it. All that matters is we're going.
- Get back in your pajamas, go to bed, eat nothing but gallons of ice cream and tons of pizza.
- It's so satisfying to watch people exercise while you eat junk food.
- I'm so exhausted with incompetent people, I don't know what to do anymore.
- Copper Boom
- I think I forgot to put on underwear. Can you check?
- People can live a hundred years without really living for a minute.
- You jump, I jump, Jack.
- In Omnia Paratus
- Oh, I can't stop drinking the coffee... I stop drinking the coffee, I stop doing the standing & the walking & the words-putting-into sentence doing.
- Five years. Cool. I've got about the next two and a half hours planned, and then there's just darkness and possibly some dragons.
- Luke's Diner
- This thing we're doing here, you, me. I'm in. I am all in.
- And if eating cake is wrong, I don't want to be right.
- As long as everything is exactly the way I want it, I can be totally flexible.
- What she tackles, she conquers.
- It's not too much food. This is what we've been training for our whole lives. This is our destiny. This is our finest hour.
- Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life
There are so many more quotes I wanted to pick... but there just was not room...
I would love to hear ideas for other challenges...