All Things Books: April CollectionFriday, April 29, 2016
All Things Books
"Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it yet." L. M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Hands down Anne of Green Gables is my all time favorite book series. It might be the standard I hold all other books against on some level. And this quote is one of my all time favorites from Anne. She is always optimistic about the future no matter what her circumstances are... well she tries to be anyway. The frustration that can come when life isn't working out the way we had hoped can be hard to overcome, especially as spring brings flowers and sunshine into our lives, so this quote is the perfect thought to help us all look to tomorrow and try again.
Now here we are at the end of another month. April flew by for me - what about you? Maybe it has something to do with May approaching and that month is always crazy busy with the end of the school year and programs and such.
As I have been sharing each month this year, I have been finding some awesome articles on books, reading, literature and anything that has to do with books. So in case you are wanting some quick reads, some new perspectives or even just some new suggestions for books to read, I would love to share them with you.
- For a while now I have been talking about how important it is for parents to keep searching for books for their kids to read as they get older even if they don't want to read. So I have to share this great list that Kristan put together, even though it's just a fancy eBay add... Books for Kids Who Don't Like to Read (this is for kids who are solid readers, chapter books and such...)
- Just in case you like to hear about research, The Reading Room shared the findings of what happened when UK Doctors Start Prescribing Books to Teens with Mental Health Issues. This quick read will make you want to get your kids on a great path to enjoying books and reading.
- Many of you are bloggers too, so here is a wonderful list of quotes from Classic Children's Literature that would make some gorgeous printables... 20 Quotes from Children's Books Ever Adult Should Know
- While we are looking at great quotes from Literature, how about this wonderful collection: 50 Of The Most Beautiful Sentences in Literature
- Caitlin says, "In order to raise readers, you must expose your children to a variety of positive reading experiences early on and often. These early experiences will foster a natural love of the written word.
- And for fun, I have to share this silly post from Glamour, where Leah shares 9 Books to Read by the Time Your 30... There are some great books in her list, and others, well I'm not sure they are that necessary to read...
I hope you found a thing or two from that list that caught your eye, maybe you could reserve a book at your library, or add to your Goodreads to-read list. If you want some encouragement as you find books you love, please join our group on Goodreads, we'd love to be there as you fall in love with books. Please consider seeing yourself as a lover of books, and join in the goal of finding a book you love each month this year... That means now you only have to read 8 books!
"Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it yet." #AllThingsBooks @Reading_List1
What was your favorite from the round-up? What would you add? Is there something you want to see in May's round-up?
Leave me a note about anything to do with your book choices from April!
**If you have a great resource for a book, a genre, or anything to do with books, let me know! You are always welcome to share your posts on Thursdays here, but if you want to point me to a great resource, leave a comment, or shoot me a note. I love hearing from you!
Check out these great blogs where I'm sharing this!